Friday, January 1, 2010

Friday, 01/01/2010

Resolution: Write in my blog daily so I don't forget a moment of this crazy life when I'm old and senile (seriously, I turn 30 in 2010... it won't be long now).

Started the New Year off with sleeping in until about 10:00am (thank you, babe). Our neighbors, infamous for their roaring snowmobiles at 2:00am and after-bar fights in their driveway around 3:00am, didn't disappoint on New Year's Eve. At 4:15am, Ray woke up to hear them fist fighting in the driveway. Yes, he HEARD them fist fighting. At 4:45am, I finally woke up to a guy yelling and cursing at a girl to let him back into the house. We're old so we called the police. Don't judge. When we called we were told we were the second people to call. So, someone else is obviously old, too. And of course, we couldn't just call the police without seeing what happened (peeking under the blinds... damn it, the storm windows were shut! so we couldn't hear!) so we didn't go back to sleep until 6:00am when the THREE police cars finally left. I need to be checking the online police news for NYE's night to find out what happened. Oh, what a glorious 2010 it would be if our neighbors left their rental house!

After I woke up, I made breakfast for lunch since frankly, I had missed breakfast time and I had promised pancakes, bacon, and sausage the night before. The kids seem appeased by my brunch effort.

After lunch, we started on a family time capsule which we didn't finish today but hope to this week. The kids drew and colored pictures which we named and dated. We need to go pick up a newspaper dated today and get some photos printed... I also plan to hand write a letter to each of my kids and to my husband. We plan to open the capsule in 2020. Thank you, Carol McElgunn, for the idea!

Early afternoon, I took Hayden and Syd to see Alvin & The Chipmunks The Squeakel. It was very nice spending time with my older children. We had a great time at the movie and I was happy to have that time with just them. =)

Now, we've just finished dinner and are enjoying some champagne... this first day of the year has been perfect. Happy 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment